Sunday, July 19, 2015

Diva Challenge #226 ~ Simplicity

This week Laura (the Diva) had a guest blogger while she takes a well deserved rest. Our hostess for this challenge was Katie Crommett, who has challenged us to simplify. In her words
Your first step is to breathe. Reconnect to the vital activity we do all day, keeping us alive, whether or not we’re aware of it. Place your hands on your paper or tile and take a minute or two with your eyes closed. (Really -- go ahead and close them. I'll still be here when you open them.) Now that your eyes are open, I'm going to give you simple directions/tips for the challenge, but take this where you feel you want to go. Keep your tangling space manageable. If you don't have an official Zentangle tile, you can cut a piece of paper into 3.5" x 3.5." Pick two or three tangles, at the maxium. After you draw each tangle, be conscious of when you've reached your point of "enoughness." White space is your friend. Or, even, it's more than a friend. And that's it. Simple.
So here is my somewhat late challenge tile and yes, it is difficult for me to make a "simple" tile.
Simplicity
Tangles used: Abundies, Murmylies
Media: 3.5" square, black micron, and pencil

I have a few more that I have been working on, but I wanted just to get this one up this week. Hopefully, I will be back and joining the challenges again very soon. In the meantime, please take a look at the Diva's website (CLICK HERE) to see what everyone did with this challenge. And, as usual, comments are always appreciated. Thank you :)

1 comment: