Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Diva Challenge #189 ~ UMT - Yuma

First and foremost...thank you all for your very kind comments over the last week.  I don't always get time to answer each one individually.

Home seems to be a bit hectic even though my husband and I are both retired. He is getting older and doesn't always remember how to do things, so it usually ends up that I do most things around here. He also doesn't drive, so it is up to me to run all the errands or take him or our son where they need to go.  My son is an autistic adult and we didn't find it out until about 4 years ago.  He is now 30 and does well, but he doesn't drive either. So life does tend to get a bit hectic some weeks. We are getting ready this week for the arrival of his long distance girlfriend from Tenessee and so I really haven't done much with tangling this week.

When I looked at this challenge, I thought that it was going to be great fun because I had been looking at tangle patterns and come across Yuma. I hadn't tried it yet, but it looked like it would be a fun one to draw, since I usually like flowing, botanical type tangles.  Then I sat down and tried it....looks are deceiving. Mine didn't seem to want to cooperate or maybe I just didn't get it, but I finished my tile and will likely try to do a couple more this week if I can figure out what it is that I am not liking.  I didn't know where I was going with this one (ops normal), so I can't explain it.  Anyway, here it is for your perusal.

UMT ~ Yuma
Tangles used: Yuma, Shard, X-Did and a couple of my own doodles


For those of you that may be interested, the Diva Challenges can be found here, so why not give it a go and see what you can do!

10 comments:

  1. I like your version of Yuma---it often ends up becoming a confusing tangle, but yours are neatly self-contained, resulting in a "neat" tile----something tells me you're the organizer in your family---not just the driver ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tile and combination of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like you combination of tangles and the colors you used on your tile! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Tile. Love your colors and the Patterns you selected are terrific. Your Yuma looks great to me, and the use of color variation give it personality. Love what you did with X-Did. The white edging of the Diamond shape on one side with the dark edging on the opposite side made them look like they are recessed into the Tile. Awesome effect. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've done very well with Yuma. I like the colour and how you have incorporated other patterns. Hope you have a fairly quiet week. It must be hard being the only one who drives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the whole piece is very Native American, which is fitting since Yuma is a Native American word, from what I've learned this week, exploring the challenge. Your shading and highlighting on X-did is superb. I'm with Dave: it makes those diamond shapes look set into the surface. And I like how you did yuma. It is so lively. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uncorked is indeed not as easy as it looks, but you did quite well and I love the combination of colors. Have a great time with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a very nice tile, reminds me somehow of a tipi or a native american dress.thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tile! Especially I like your choice of colours!

    ReplyDelete