Thursday, January 15, 2015

Diva Challenge #200 ~ Bi-Zen-Tennial !

Wow! It's hard to believe that our beloved Diva has been posting challenges for 200 weeks. That's a whole lot of inspiration and that's why I admire her so much. Given that she has a young family and is busy, busy with them and still finds time to let us out here in Zentangle land keep in touch with her is amazing to me. I haven't been a steady poster but I try to keep up with the challenges when I am able to and I only started in May of 2014, I believe.  Zentangle was something I just saw in a post from one of my Artist blogs and I ordered the book and kit and I was hooked.  When I looked up Zentangle blogs on Google, first I went to the official site and then the one that caught my eye was the Diva!  I followed it for a few weeks before I decided to be brave and post an actual tangle. I have learned so much from Laura and her guest bloggers, as well as all of those who post here each week, that I am very glad that I found this place to call home.  It feels like a big, warm family and I'm glad to be here.

The challenge for this week was to use your "Mac and Cheese" tangle on the whole tile, with no borders and the number 200 somewhere on the page.  It took me a couple of readings to realize what she meant by "Mac and Cheese" (your go-to tangle or a favorite tangle), but this old lady finally got it right *giggle*.  I really don't have a true favorite tangle, but I find I tend to use either Flux or Luv-A a lot of the time. It was just so hard to choose which tangle is my current favorite......so I just picked one ~ Luv-A.  Here is my first submission for this week...I may do another one if my hands hold out...lol.

Diva Challenge #200
Media : Moleskin Sketchbook, Micron black and red pens, Graphite pencil
Tangle:  Luv-A

As always, I appreciate any comments - good, bad, or indifferent and I invite you to take a look at all of the beautiful work done so far for this challenge.  It can be found on the Diva's blog "I am the Diva - Certified Zentangle Teacher". Take a look at all the beautiful tangles and ZIA there and why don't you come play with us too!

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the 200 in red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the heart shaped leaves, great tile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Post, LezliB. We both found this wonderful artform at the same time. Love your Tile. Luv-A is also one of my favorites. Isn't it hard to actually pin down one pattern as your top, most favorite one, of all the great patterns out there. Your use of color the Luv=A pattern to define the "200" is brilliant. The black background and excellent shading are awesome finishing touches. Love-a your Luv-A's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I wasn't the only one that tried to find a new tangle named Mac 'n Cheese. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tile is beautiful, the red is great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the loose leafy style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Lov-E the Lov-A. Very pretty tile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beauty...it reminds me of maidenhair fern which has such a delicate appearance. Truly well done with the 200 too!

    ReplyDelete