Thursday, April 2, 2015

Diva Challenge #211 ~ Flux

Well, this week, the Diva was unable to post her challenge as her youngest son is not doing well and was in the hospital. So we thought that there was no challenge this week.....however, Rick and Maria posted step-outs for Flux, which is one of their original tangles and they realized that they had never taught it with step-outs for us yet. Flux has always been one of my favorite tangles, so imagine my surprise when I found out there are 2 versions of it. I had only known of the version that Rick uses, but apparently the one that Maria did was first and I had never known that. I guess probably because I don't know a CZT yet, so I just watch the internet. Anyway, it is definitely one of my favorites and so I did one today (April 2, 2015) on a blue tile for my son. Today is World Autism Day and the color representing that is blue, so this one is for him. After I took this picture, I added some white highlighting to it, so I will take another picture tomorrow and post it as well.  Hope you like it!

World Autism Day - Apr 2, 2015
Media: 3.5" x 3.5" blue tile, Black Micron, Blue Micron
Blue Derwent Watercolour Pencil
Tangles: Flux (both versions), Uni, Printemps, Pearls,
PinBawl, and Florz

Same tile with white highlights added....better picture too :)


Thank you for stopping by and if you want to see the rest of the submissions, go to the Diva's Challenge Page (click here) to see the beautiful work done.

5 comments:

  1. Both great! The white highlights make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did well adding the highlights. Great that you did this for your son!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The highlighting really made this tile sparkle. Your son must be very proud of your work and obviously you are proud of him...so nice to be made aware of this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tile, Lezli and for a great cause. The second picture really does show off the super work much better. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super nice. Just a real pleasure to look at. The color is used so perfectly in such a well drawn piece.

    ReplyDelete