Sunday, February 7, 2016

Diva Challenge #253 ~ Molygon

I had been seeing Molygon showing up in tangles and on some of the posts on Facebook, so I was happy to see that Zentangle released the step outs for it in their last newsletter. It was such a fun one to try.

I had big plans to do much more, but I about knocked myself silly during the week. I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I fell and bit clear through my lip. Now it's just going to be ugly...the weird thing is that it really doesn't hurt, but I really have a headache and it sure makes eating meals difficult. Well, it seems that my family are all klutzes right up there with me...son slipped on the ice while trying to help me clean the car off, hubby over-reached when he was picking up something from his bedside stand and fell out of bed. I think we all need to live in a bubble with no sharp edges and nothing to slip on...lol.

But anyway, here are my offerings for Molygon this week:

Molygon practice
Media: Moleskin sketchbook, Black and sepia micron pens,
graphite pencil, grey marker
Tangles: Molygon, Zinger, and a few that just happened,
With this one, I had actually just been playing with Molygon in my sketchbook and it just kind of went it's own way, but I think that by and large, it turned out pretty good, You can't really see my shading in this one too well, but the camera never does it justice.


And here's the one I did on a regular tile:

Media: 3.5 inch tile, black micron pen, graphite pencil,
colored pencil for the jewel
Tangles: Molygon, Flux, Black Pearls, Mooka, and I
can't remember the ones I used for fill
I'm not at all sure that I like this one, but I do like parts of it, so I'll just keep working on Molygon and use the parts I like. But all in all, I like playing with Molygon and plan on using it more...it's a fun little tangle pattern.

If you would like to see more artists' vision on Molygon, then head over to the Diva's blog (click here) to see what everyone has done with this versatile little pattern. 

I usually check out everyone's submissions and try to leave as much feedback as possible, but there are some that I can't post comments on, so those of you that use Wordpress and Instagram, please know that I DO take a look and would love to leave comments, but I am unable to because I am not a member. I tried to get an Instagram account, but I don't have any devices that the program will operate with. But I just wanted you to know that I have been taking a look at them all and appreciate that everyone has such wonderful ideas.

With that being said, as always, I do appreciate comments and thank you for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. I love both of these pieces of art. I really like the use of the Sepia ink combined with the black. And the one on the tile is so nice and simple. Not overdone. I love that and the jewel in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful, Lezli. All three of you should (as we say here in the Netherlands) stay in bed to be safe. Well ..... not safe enough for your husband, so he should try to find an even safer place :-) Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work, the first one is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! So sorry for your fall! I love snow, but that ice can be sneaky. Your sketchbook Molygon is my favorite! I also love your appreciation of ALL comments and visits--so nicely expressed :)

    ReplyDelete