Sunday, February 14, 2016

Diva Challenge # 254 ~ Valentangle

First of all, thank you for your kind comments and thank you again for stopping by. I appreciate the visits and comments from you. They mean an awful lot to me. I love being part of this online community of wonderfully creative folks and learn from you all the time.

So this week our challenge from our Diva was to make something "Valentiney".  I had all kinds of ideas running through my head, but wanted to play with some of them on some artist trading cards (actually they are business card size, but close enough). I never did get my full size tile started because I was just having fun playing with some different ideas. So here they are....hope you enjoy!

I was trying my hand at some gems and decided to make a heart brooch of sorts, but I made the heart too big so I couldn't put the setting on that I has envisioned. I had fun making the gems, but I think I need a lot more practice.

Diva Challenge 254 - #1

This one was just playing with two of my favorite tangles, Flux and Luv-A. Out of the ones that I made this week, hubby liked this one and the gem the best. I quite like this one too.

Diva Challenge 254 - #2

Another favorite tangle of mine has always been Bunzo, so when I drew this heart, I could see two Bunzo cozying up to each other for Valentine's day and decided to just make it into a balloon. I really like the way this one turned out. I find it rather whimsical.


Diva Challenge 254 - #3

The picture I took for this last one turned out a bit dark and lightening it on Photoshop didn't help because it washed out the Printemps background. So please forgive my lack of photographic skills on this one. It really is a lot brighter that it appears in this photo. The lower part of the heart under the pink Printemps is actually a very nice lavendar, but it didn't photograph well. Ah well, such is life.

Diva Challenge 254 - #4

Color was added to all of these with the exception of the Bunzo Valentine with Prismacolor colored pencils and black micron pen was used on all. The background of #4 was added with a grey Tombow marker because I didn't want an overpowering background.

This was fun this week and I will try to get around to all of the other blogs in the next couple of days (yes, I know I'm late, but it seems I can only do what I can do and I DO always look at all the blogs and attempt to leave comments). If you are reading this and haven't joined the Diva's Challenge or checked it out to see all the amazing artists out there, please check the Diva's Challenge Blog HERE and see if you want to come and play with all of us. It's great fun!

As always, thank you for stopping by and if you get a chance, leave me a comment. Happy Tangling!



8 comments:

  1. How productive you have been, how many husbands did you say you had? lol I can't say which one is my favourite, they all have their special bits each different from each other. I enjoyed seeing these and it gave me ideas for the future. Don't worry about rushing round everyone's blogs, just do what you have time and inclination for, it would be horrid if it became a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very pretty these all are. I especially like the Bunzo one. Bunzo is one of my favorites and I never thought of using it to make a heart! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jean,like them all, but the one with Bunzo has just that little bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are so very pretty! Flux and Luv-A are two of my favorites also. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty tiles! I love the touches of color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so much doen and all so beautiful!!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of them are beautiful, but surprise - I like the third one best!

    ReplyDelete